Chocolate pudding cake. With salted caramel.
Do I really need to say anything else?
That question was rhetorical, and the answer was “no,” but everyone knows I’m going to say something anyway. So as well as being rhetorical my question was also redundant. I just wasted 30 seconds of your life. You are welcome.
Anyway, salted caramel is everywhere at the moment. Every little cafe and restaurant seems to have another salted caramel drink or dessert to tempt the salty-sweets lover.
And I have to confess… I don’t mind one bit. Salted caramel is so incredibly incredible that I am more than happy for it to be a part of my life.
This luscious little cake is the perfect size for a taste-bud tingling “me party.” If you don’t know what I mean by a “me party” then you simply must watch this video.
Now that you have been fully educated, it’s back to the cake.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce (for One)
3 tbsp boiling water
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tbsp coconut milk
2 tsp honey
4 tbsp cacao
¼ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
20g dark chocolate (I love Green & Blacks Organic!)
2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180C/375F.
- Grease a single serve cake dish.
- Soak flax seed in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Mix everything together except the cacao nibs.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on top and gently press into the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with Salted Caramel Sauce and/ or Vanilla Maple Coconut Cream.
Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted caramel. Super easy with no stove top required. Enough said
1 tsp coconut oil, melted
2 tsp gula melaka (coconut sugar) syrup, or other preferred liquid sweetener
1 tsp coconut flour
Generous pinch of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- If it is not the consistency or flavour you desire, continue to add coconut flour for thickness/sweetener for runniness/salt for saltiness.
(Linked to Modest Mondays; Meal Plan Mondays; Art of Homemaking Mondays; Two Cup Tuesday; Allergy Free Wednesdays; Gluten Free Wednesdays; The Yuck Stops Here; Wellness Wednesday; Real Food Wednesday; What You Wish Wednesdays; Homemaking Link Up; Hearts for Home; Homeacre Hop; Full Plate Thursday; Thriving Thursday; Fantastic Thursday; Gluten Free Fridays; Vegan Friday; Unprocessed Fridays; Real Food Friday; Fight Back Friday; Savouring Saturdays)