If you have been reading my blog for any time now, you would know that it is no secret that I love chocolate, pancakes, and delicious ways to deliver protein to my system.
These pancakes are the perfect little flavour-filled, protein-packed, post-workout brunch.
Dark Chocolate Protein Pancakes
2 tbsp cacao/cocoa
4 tbsp protein powder (natural and naturally sweetened)
1/4 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp full fat coconut milk
20g very dark chocolate (70-85%)
coconut oil (for cooking)
- Mix all the ingredients together except chocolate in a blender/food processor, or whisk in a bowl.
- Chop the chocolate finely and gently mix in.
- Heat up a pan on a medium/low heat with a little coconut oil.
- Pour small amounts of mixture into the pan (about the size of a mug coaster).
- When you see many bubbles forming on top, flip the pancake.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Top with natural yoghurt or coconut cream, walnuts and a small drizzle of maple syrup, honey, or maple-flavoured liquid stevia. You could also add cacao nibs and coconut flakes.
I swear that with the yoghurt this tastes like a little chocolate cupcake with cream cheese icing (hey, why not make a cream cheese icing, Trim Healthy Mamas?).