This recipe arose out of a pregnant lady’s desire for something sweet and chocolatey and at the same time guilt free. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I just eat that chocolate cake, but when you begin craving chocolate cake every single day, the need arises to find something healthier to satisfy.
…and so these delightful little bites of chocolate-y, coconutty goodness were born. With these being super easy to make – and each little bite packing just 99 calories (not that I count), the goodness of protein and healthy fats, and the deliciousness of dark chocolate – these tasty morsels really are a no-brainer.
Dark Chocolate Protein Bounty Bites
Makes 12-15 bites
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup dried coconut flakes
3/4 cup Greek natural yoghurt
100g 85% dark chocolate (I like green & blacks organic)
- Mix together all ingredients, except chocolate, in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls between your palms.
- Melt chocolate.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper.
- Roll the balls in the chocolate and place on the prepared tray.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Keep in a sealed container in the freezer.
- For vegan, swap whey protein for rice or pea protein, and yoghurt for coconut yoghurt.
- Chocolate protein would also work well instead of vanilla.
- Coconut cream could probably be substituted for the yoghurt.
Connect with me and keep up-to-date with my most recent recipes and ramblings.