This is a simple and delicious salad I made and took to a Youth gathering while I was in Australia. It was a huge hit!
Pumpkin, Chorizo, and Chickpea Salad
100g baby spinach leaves
1/4 leftover roasted pumpkin, cubed
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 red capsicum (pepper)
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp rosemary
50g Kalamata olives
50g crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Extra Virgin olive oil
- Wash the baby spinach and arugula leaves, pat dry, and toss them in a large salad bowl.
- Place the chickpeas and chorizo in a medium pan with a lug of extra virgin olive oil. Cook until chorizo is crispy. Put these to the side to cool.
- Add capsicum to the pan and saute until capsicum is soft.
- Put the chickpea mix back in the pan along with mixed spice, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, and the pre-prepared roast pumpkin. Saute for another minute, then add the mixture to the salad bowl.
- Toss in olives and crumble feta cheese on top.
- Add freshly ground salt and pepper to taste, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Serve on the side of a piece of grilled protein with a slice of my Kalamata Olive and Herb Spelt Bread.
Connect with me and keep up to date with my most recent recipes and ramblings.